Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New Orleans Jazz Fest 4/27-4/29 & 5/4-5/6


Lenny Kravitz on stage from a few years ago

Every other year I try to visit the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival - good excuse for a visit and fun to take my parents to see the great music.

And who can resist the great food at Jazz Fest - like crawfish monica, oyster & tasso pasta, jambalaya, alligator sausage, p0-boys and more...and make sure you buy one of the can coolers that has a strap that you can put around your neck...as it says on the side "How ya gonna clap?" or more importantly chow down .

I'll be attending the first weekend of Jazz Fest features Dr. John, Van Morrison, Rebirth Brass Band, Rod Stewart, Norah Jones, Ludacris, Brad Paisley, Bonnie Raitt, George Thorogood and more. But I have to tell you...it won't be the big artists that make you appreciate the Fest. It will be some act you've never heard of that will blow you away. Everytime you attend Jazz Fest you learn another piece of the music history of Louisiana that you will never forget.

http://www.nojazzfest.com/

I was lucky enough to live in New Orleans in its hey day in the early 90's. After you live there the city is so different than what most tourists only see from hanging out on Bourbon Street.

As a local you learn to say "Where Y'at? and find all the cool places uptown, in the garden and warehouse district. I have not been back since the flooding from Hurricane Katrina and hoping that the New Orleans is recovering. It has been so nice to visit restaurants that I used to frequent there and have the same people still working there, doubt that will still be the case now and hopefully the city hasn't lost its charm.

So it won't be a big weekend of wine, but I will probably have some sitting at the bar at Mr B's more like a lot of Abita Amber - my fave when I'm in the Big Easy.

Look for my Mom and them at the Jazz Fest - Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler!

-Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laissez le bon temps rouler...!