Here's the tentative list of wine for 2013: we'll pair up some of last year's favorites with some new challengers. (winners bold)
- Champagne Toast (TBD)
2009 Lewis/Sonoma County -
vs. 2007 Chasseur/Sonoma Valley "Durrell" Chasseur stole the show - nice balance while the Lewis had more butter. Russian River Valley
- Pinot Noir: 2007 Chasseur/Sonoma Coast vs. 2007 MacPhail/Sonoma Coast "Pratt Vineyard" Toss up these wines were so similar and amazing.
- Cab Franc: 2007 Provenance/Napa vs. 2006 Jarvis/Napa Estate Cabernet Franc. Provenance was a table favorite!
- 2000 Joseph Phelps Insignia & Silver Oak both were huge.
- 2001 Whitehall Lane/Napa Valley
- 2002 Robert Mondavi Reserve/Napa
- 2003 Jarvis Estate Reserve/Napa really enjoyed this one - smooth.
- 2004 Robert Mondavi/Stag's Leap District - 95pts
- 2005 Flora Springs/Napa "Holy Smoke" Vineyard
- 2006 Chappellet/Napa Pritchard Hill Estate Vineyard - this opened up and was killer!
- 2007 Ladera/Napa Lone Canyon Vineyard - very nice
- 2008 Ramey/Oakville Pedregal Vineyard
- 2009 Melka/Napa "CJ" - early fave
- 2010 Caymus Special Select - totally changed from espresso to smooth.
Table faves from the Cabs were Caymus, Melka, Chappellett, Jarvis and Insignia...it was hard to choose, there were no bad bottles at the table.
Here some of this year's favorites - can't wait until next year - Brian