Monday, March 15, 2010

Discovering Wines on Moving Day

What's funny you can live in Manhattan, pay 3.5% city tax and look at New Jersey or live in New Jersey and look back towards New York.
Spend the last year in Jersey City on Hoboken side of the tracks and I mean right on the track...just moved to Jersey City-Newport area right on the water.
Before and After...

I like trains a lot, but not so much when you live on the tracks...that's just a little too much Cho-Cho.
And my first love is the water, so having the Hudson River in your backyard is hard to beat.

Good news on moving day I found a bunch of wines I didn't even know where there...
  • Nice vertical of Whitehall Lane Cabernets 1999, 2001, 01 Reserve and 2002 Reserve.
  • Flora Springs Rutherford Hillside 1999, 2001.
  • A vertical of Flora Springs Trilogy - 3 years.
  • Vertical of Magnificat back to 1999.
  • Vertical of Mt. Veeder Cab back to 2001.

And a lot more wine I need to drink now. Everyone should clean out their cellar every so often - bet there are bottles you don't even know you have are in prime years for drinking.

Finally peace and quiet while working in New York - now I wake up to the sounds of Geese. Whew!

-Brian

No comments: